Historic Harlem Parks
Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
List of Barbecuing Areas
|Morningside Park||Morningside Avenue & West 121st Street|
|St. Nicholas Park||St. Nicholas Terrace at West 128th Street|
|St. Nicholas Park||St. Nicholas Avenue between West 133rd and 135th streets|
Directions to Historic Harlem Parks
Know Before You Go
Jackie Robinson Recreation Center
Jackie Robinson Recreation Center remains closed to the public until further notice. Some recreation centers are being used for COVID-19 testing and vaccination services, the Learning Bridges program, and critical seasonal training. Please visit our Recreation Centers page to find an alternate recreation center.
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center remains closed to the public until further notice. Some recreation centers are being used for COVID-19 testing and vaccination services, the Learning Bridges program, and critical seasonal training. Please visit our Recreation Centers page to find an alternate recreation center.
- 21st CENTURY PARK SYSTEM: NYC PARKS CELEBRATES $5.6 MILLION OF INVESTMENT IN HARLEM PARKS
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES 51st BLACK SOLIDARITY DAY WITH NAMINGS IN HONOR OF THE BLACK EXPERIENCE IN NEW YORK CITY
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES PARKS WITHOUT BORDERS TRANSFORMATION AT JACKIE ROBINSON PARK
- Harlem Rocks! Geology Hike
- Monday Morning Pitch-In at St. Nicholas Park
- Movies Under the Stars: Red Pill
- Historic New York: Mount Morris Fire Watchtower
- CANCELLED: Monday Morning Pitch-In at Marcus Garvey Park