Dawn of Glory
Click image for larger view
- Location: Jamaica Avenue at Cleveland Street
- Sculptor: Pietro Montana
- Description: Standing male figure (heroic scale) with integral plinth on pedestal raised on three steps, tablet
- Materials: Figure--bronze; Pedestal--Deer Isle granite
- Dimensions: Figure H: 10'; Pedestal H: 5' W: 12' D: 11'; Tablet H: 2'4" W: 2'6"
- Cast: 1924
- Dedicated: July 13, 1924
- Foundry: American Art Foundry, New York
- Donor: Kings County Chapter of the American Legion.
- Inscription: IN HONOR / OF THOSE / WHO FOUGHT FOR / OUR COUNTRY / 1917-1918
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143