Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
List of Barbecuing Areas
|Highland Park||Upper Highland: Highland Blvd. and Vermont Place|
Directions to Highland Park
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RIDGEWOOD RESERVIOR DAM HAZARD RECLASSIFICATION, PRESERVING THE DAM AS NATURAL OPEN SPACE
- LOWER HIGHLAND PARK BALLFIELD RENOVATIONS A HOME RUN FOR BROOKLYN AND QUEENS
- Snow Day! Parks Hosts Fun, Free Winter Snow Activities For Youth
- Mad Science Presents Big Top Science
- The Blue Bus Project
- Movies Under the Stars: Black Panther
- NY Hall of Science Presents STEM LIVE
- Hudson Vagabond Puppets Presents Caps for Sale/Three Billy Goats Gruff