>Ridgewood Reservoir Volunteer Work Day
Sunday, April 7, 2019
10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Highland Park's Ridgewood Reservoir is 50+ acres and sits atop a ridge rising above the surrounding Jamaica Bay outwash plain. It is divided into three basins, which are separated and enclosed by steep stone walls
NYC Parks and NYCH2O are hosting a reservoir landscape maintenance volunteer workday.
Come dressed in sturdy boots or shoes, long pants, and clothing that can get dirty. Please bring your own water bottle and food for this event. Volunteers younger than18 years old must be accompanied by a chaperone.
Please note: Space is limited. Registration for this event is required by April 5. To register, please visit the April Ridgewood Reservoir Volunteer Work Day registration page. Registration opens at 9 a.m. on March 16.
This event is sponsored by NYC Parks, NYCH2O, and The Forest Park Trust, Inc.
Directions to Highland Park
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RIDGEWOOD RESERVIOR DAM HAZARD RECLASSIFICATION, PRESERVING THE DAM AS NATURAL OPEN SPACE
- LOWER HIGHLAND PARK BALLFIELD RENOVATIONS A HOME RUN FOR BROOKLYN AND QUEENS
- Snow Day! Parks Hosts Fun, Free Winter Snow Activities For Youth
- The Blue Bus Project
- Movies Under the Stars: Black Panther
- NY Hall of Science Presents STEM LIVE
- Hudson Vagabond Puppets Presents Caps for Sale/Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Movies Under the Stars: Aquaman