>NYRR Open Run: Highland Park
Saturday, April 6, 2019
9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
This event repeats every week on Saturday between 6/2/2018 and 6/1/2019.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Open Run is a community-based, volunteer-led running initiative bringing free weekly runs and walks to local neighborhood parks, across all five boroughs of NYC. All runs are directed by volunteers and are free to all participants. The finish line is open until the last person is done. The courses vary based on the park, but the courses are between 2.5 and 3 miles long.
Participants are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes before the start of the run and to leave their valuables at home – bag check is not provided. No need to do anything before the run, just show up. Open to all ages, experience levels, walkers, strollers, dogs: All are welcome!
This program is in coordination with NYC Parks' Community Parks Initiative.
Meet at the comfort station at the intersection of Elton Street and Jamaica Avenue.
Directions to Highland Park
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RIDGEWOOD RESERVIOR DAM HAZARD RECLASSIFICATION, PRESERVING THE DAM AS NATURAL OPEN SPACE
- LOWER HIGHLAND PARK BALLFIELD RENOVATIONS A HOME RUN FOR BROOKLYN AND QUEENS
- Snow Day! Parks Hosts Fun, Free Winter Snow Activities For Youth
- Mad Science Presents Big Top Science
- The Blue Bus Project
- Movies Under the Stars: Black Panther
- NY Hall of Science Presents STEM LIVE
- Hudson Vagabond Puppets Presents Caps for Sale/Three Billy Goats Gruff