NYRP/Jet Blue "One Thing That's Green" Tree Planting Event
Saturday, April 20, 2013
9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Highland Park lost a significant number of trees from Hurricane Sandy—on April 20, we need your help to plant 2,400 trees as part of our rebuilding efforts. To kick off our rebuilding efforts, JetBlue is partnering with New York Restoration Project (NYRP) to do “One Thing That’s Green” and we invite you to join us on Saturday, April 20 to help rebuild Highland Park in Queens!
We invite you to bring your friends and family out for an exciting day of outdoor events that encourage active living. Breakfast and lunch will be provided, and all volunteers will receive a t-shirt. There will be activities for participants of all ages throughout the day, so don’t miss out on the fun!
All volunteers will be entered into the one thing that's green volunteer sweepstakes and four weekly winners will each receive one pair of JetBlue travel certificates.
Registration is required.
Directions to Highland Park
Know Before You Go
Natural Turf ball fields 1 and 2 in Highland Park are currently under reconstruction.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2016
Highland Park Weather
- Snow Day! Parks Hosts Fun, Free Winter Snow Activities For Youth
- Queens Parks Administrator Honored by Highland Park Organization
- Forest and Highland Parks Salute Top Volunteers
- Nature Walk and Bird Watching
- Birding: Ridgewood Reservoir
- Latin Night
- Birdwatching at the Ridgewood Reservoir
- Puppets in the Park Presents 'Puss'n Boots'