Jackie Robinson Pkwy., Vermont Ave., Highland Blvd. bet. Bulwer Pl. and Cypress Hills St.
Directions via Google Maps
Conveniently located on a high plateau that straddles Queens and Brooklyn, Highland Park offers stunning views of Ridgewood Reservoir, the Rockaways, the Atlantic Ocean, and nearby cemeteries.
Acquired in pieces over time, the park took its present shape between 1906 and 1908, quickly became a popular spot among residents of both boroughs, and continues to play an important role in the community. Children's farm gardens act as hands-on classrooms, barbecue areas serve as meeting grounds for mass celebrations, and numerous tennis courts, baseball fields, handball courts, and basketball courts provide New Yorkers with safe, clean spots for athletic recreation.
The Ridgewood Reservoir located on the Brooklyn/Queens border in Highland Park, served as a backup water supply for the two boroughs until 1989. After the reservoir’s closure, a landscape of woods and wetlands developed within the three basins. The pathway around the basins is heavily used by Brooklyn and Queens residents for walking and exercise. The reservoir boasts being home to more than 151 species of birds.
Forest & Highland Sports Clinics
From June 8 through June 15, NYC Parks will be holding a lottery to register children ages 7-14 for free sports clinics in Queens’s Forest and Highland Parks this summer. Sports include basketball, soccer, karate, and skateboarding.
Discover the history of Highland Park
Enjoy an afternoon of inflatables, games, music, face painting, and more! Generously sponsored by Council...
See more of the new improvements to Highland Park and Ridgewood Reservoir.
Directions to Highland Park
- NYC PARKS COMPLETES RIDGEWOOD RESERVIOR DAM HAZARD RECLASSIFICATION, PRESERVING THE DAM AS NATURAL OPEN SPACE
- LOWER HIGHLAND PARK BALLFIELD RENOVATIONS A HOME RUN FOR BROOKLYN AND QUEENS
- Snow Day! Parks Hosts Fun, Free Winter Snow Activities For Youth
- Bronx and Queens Roofing Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-1114M)
- Citywide Steel Guiderails, Timber Rails and Fencing Installation (CNYG-1414M)
- Highland Park Ballfields 1 & 2 Reconstruction
- Highland Park Basketball Courts Reconstruction
- Highland Park Lower Western Playground Reconstruction