Back to Monuments List
Highbridge Water Tower
Click image for larger view
- Location: 173rd Street and Amsterdam Avenue
- Architect: John B. Jervis
- Description: Romanesque revival, lantern converted to belfrey
- Materials: Gray granite, copper, steel
- Dimensions: H: 200' or H: 170'
- Dedicated: 1872, 1958 carillon, 1990 rest
- Fabricator: Roach & Jenkins (engineer)
- Donor: Carillon, Altman Foundation
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143