View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Gus Stanley Memorial
- Location: 180th Street and Amsterdam Avenue
- Description: Tablet on plinth
- Materials: Bronze, Barre granite
- Dedicated: Rededicated 1953
- Donor: Gift
- Inscription: THE GUS STANLEY MEMORIAL/
THESE TWO TREES PLANTED AND DEDICATED / BY THEIR FRIENDS AND
NEIGHBORS / TO THE MEMORY OF / THE FOLLOWING MEN OF 180 STREET
WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES IN WORLD WAR II
WOODWARD W. CRAWFORD MILTON G. STATHIS/
COSTAS LEKANIDES ANDREW G. SUMAKIS/
OLIVER LEON CHARLES WEINSTEIN/
STEPHEN OLANCIN EDWARD S. SCHMELZER JR./
VITO A. SCARINGI JOHN WILLIAMS/
SIZE:TABLET: 1'H X 1'8", PLINTH 1'5"H X 2'1"W X 2 1/2"D
Directions to Highbridge Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Highbridge Recreation Center
On Monday, September 2, 2019, this recreation center will be closed in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
The High Bridge is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. High Bridge hours will change seasonally.
- NYC PARKS AND DEPUTY MAYOR ALICIA GLEN BREAK GROUND ON ANCHOR PARKS’ ASTORIA PARK PROJECT AND UNVEIL SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR ANCHOR PARKS CITY-WIDE PROJECTS
- NYC PARKS LAUNCHES SMART BENCH PILOT PROGRAM
- Highbridge Recreation Center Celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Of Service