View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
John T. Brush Stairway
- Location: Edgecombe Avenue and 158th Street
- Description: Letters set into first landing
- Materials: Bronze, concrete
- Inscription: THE/JOHN T. BRUSH/STAIRWAY/PRESENTED BY THE/NEW YORK/"GIANTS".
Directions to Highbridge Park
Know Before You Go
As a part of our Anchor Parks initiative, reconstruction of Highbridge Park is now underway. This project will reinstate access to a 10-block stretch of the park, improve connectivity and pathways, and restore the historic Grand Staircase at Laurel Hill Terrace. The project will also improve safety and security with new park lighting, and improve ADA access. Follow this project on the Parks Capital Tracker for updates.
Anticipated Completion: Summer 2020
The Highbridge Park Water Tower is currently closed and undergoing reconstruction. Follow this project on the Parks Capital Tracker for updates.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2021
- NYC PARKS CUTS THE RIBBON ON ANCHOR PARKS RENOVATION AT ADVENTURE PLAYGROUND IN HIGHBRIDGE PARK
- ANCHOR PARKS PROGRESS: NYC PARKS UNVEILS NEW SOCCER FIELD AT HIGHBRIDGE PARK
- NYC PARKS AND DEPUTY MAYOR ALICIA GLEN BREAK GROUND ON ANCHOR PARKS’ ASTORIA PARK PROJECT AND UNVEIL SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR ANCHOR PARKS CITY-WIDE PROJECTS