Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
|Highbridge Park||West 177th Street and Amsterdam Avenue|
Directions to Highbridge Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Highbridge Recreation Center
In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, this Recreation Center's hours will be reduced. On Wednesday, November 22, the facility opens at its normal time and closes at 5:00 p.m. The class schedule may change as a result, so please call the center. On Thursday, November 23, this facility is closed.
Anticipated Completion: 11/23/2017
The High Bridge is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. High Bridge hours will change seasonally.
- NYC PARKS LAUNCHES SMART BENCH PILOT PROGRAM
- Highbridge Recreation Center Celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Of Service
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Proposals For Ice Skating Rink At Highbridge Park