Forest Crew Volunteer Day
Sunday, September 29, 2019
12:30 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Volunteers are central to our work! Each season, thousands of volunteers help us keep NYC green by planting trees, maintaining public parkland, and caring for community gardens. Join us each week to connect with fellow New Yorkers and keep this city beautiful and healthy for everyone!
Build a more resilient community of citizens who feel connected to their local green spaces and supported by neighbors with similar values. Improve the health of the forest by identifying and removing invasive plants from our native forest as well as planting native trees/shrubs.
Forest Crew is open to community members who wish to drop in and volunteer on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis. Priority registration will always be given to regular and repeat volunteers if attendance approaches program capacity.
Directions to Highbridge Park
Know Before You Go
The High Bridge is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. High Bridge hours will change seasonally.
- NYC PARKS AND DEPUTY MAYOR ALICIA GLEN BREAK GROUND ON ANCHOR PARKS’ ASTORIA PARK PROJECT AND UNVEIL SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR ANCHOR PARKS CITY-WIDE PROJECTS
- NYC PARKS LAUNCHES SMART BENCH PILOT PROGRAM
- Highbridge Recreation Center Celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Of Service
- It's My Park at Highbridge Park
- Family Wellness Day
- Second Saturdays Trailwork Party + Bike Share at Highbridge Bike Park
- Historic New York: Morris-Jumel Mansion
- Basketball: NYPD vs. Teens