W 155 St and Dyckman St, Edgecombe Av & Amsterdam Av
Directions via Google Maps
Named after the High Bridge, the city's oldest standing bridge, Highbridge Park was assembled piecemeal between 1867 and the 1960s, with the bulk being acquired through condemnation from 1895 to 1901.
Although widely known for its important landmarks, the Highbridge tower and formerly mentioned bridge, the park offers natural beauty and recreational fun that serve as reason enough to visit. The park boasts the city’s first mountain biking course and a world class skate park. Open vistas and an unusual geologic makeup greet visitors who stroll the pathways north and south through the park, while pedestrians and waterside cyclists on the greenways cherish its magnificent cliffs and large rock outcroppings. The Highbridge Recreation Center and Pool have kept active New Yorkers busy since 1936, and several playgrounds and ballfields have been constructed throughout the park over the last century.
Bridge the gap between you and fun; visit Highbridge Park today!
Learn More About the Long Term Plan for Highbridge Park
Through our Anchor Parks initiative, NYC Parks is investing $150 million in five large neighborhood parks across the city, including Highbridge Park. Review and download the presentations from our most recent community meeting.
Download the Master Plan for Highbridge Park.
Discover the history of Highbridge Park
Forest Crew is open to community members who wish to drop in and volunteer on a weekly, bi-monthly, and monthly...
Featured Capital Project
After closing for more than 40 years, the High Bridge, NYC's oldest standing bridge, re-opened to the public on June 9, 2015. Take a look.
Directions to Highbridge Park
- NYC PARKS LAUNCHES SMART BENCH PILOT PROGRAM
- Highbridge Recreation Center Celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Of Service
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Proposals For Ice Skating Rink At Highbridge Park
- Citywide Deteriorated Plumbing Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-1711MA1)
- Citywide Reconstruction & Stabilization of Retaining Walls and Seawalls (CNYG-514M)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Electrical Systems (CNYG-1611MA)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Pool Structural Systems (CNYG-1011M)
- Highbridge Bathhouse Boiler Reconstruction and Air Conditioning Construction