Herbert Von King Park
Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
|Herbert Von King Park||4 designated areas throughout the park (no amplified sound permitted)|
Directions to Herbert Von King Park
Know Before You Go
Herbert Von King Cultural Arts Center
Effective April 11, 2015, the Herbert Von King Cultural Arts Center will be closed until renovations are complete. Parks will continue to serve the Bed-Stuy community by offering quality activities during the exciting renovations to the Center. As part of this preserved programming, there will be a host of recreational activities on weekdays after school in April and May, weekends in May and June, and weekdays in July and August. The programs will range from fitness classes and arts, to bike riding and games for all ages.
- NYC PARKS JOINS GLOBAL APPAREL RETAILER UNIQLO FOR NEW PUBLIC ART CELEBRATION
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Von King Park Amphitheater Named In Honor Of Community Leader Almira Kennedy Coursey