View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
City Island World War Memorial
- Location: City Island Avenue and Hawkins Street
- Description: Plaque on stele
- Materials: Bronze, granite
- Dimensions: H: 51" W: 25 ½" D: 1"d
- Donor: Women's Auxiliary of Leonard H. Hawkins Post No. 156, American Legion
- Inscription: IN HONOR OF THE / BOYS OF CITY ISLAND / WHO SERVED IN THE WORLD WAR / [104 names] / AND IN MEMORY OF / LEONARD H. HAWKINS / WHO GAVE HIS LIFE FOR HIS COUNTRY / THIS TABLET DEDICATED BY THE PEOPLE / OF CITY ISLAND AND ERECTED BY THE / WOMEN'S AUXILIARY OF LEONARD H. HAWKINS / POST NO. 156 OF THE AMERICAN LEGION