Grand Army Plaza
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Edith Bowdoin ASPCA Horse Trough
- Location: Grand Army Plaza, southeast corner of Central Park
- Description: Rectangular basin "Type G" trough
- Materials: Granite
- Dimensions: 20 1/2" h, 53" l, 35 1/2" d
- Dedicated: 1912
- Fabricator: M. McGrath and Co.
- Donor: Edith Bowdoin
- Inscription: (west face):
PRESENTED TO THE / A.S.P.C.A. / BY / EDITH G. BOWDOIN / 1912 /
REDEDICATED TO THE HORSES / OF THE CITY OF NEW YORK / BY THE / CITY OF NEW YORK / PARKS & RECREATION / CENTRAL PARK CONSERVANCY / AND THE ASPCA / 2001 /