View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Spanish War Memorial
- Location: 137th Street, Third Avenue, and Lincoln Avenue
- Sculptor: Charles Keck (plaque with bas-relief)
- Architect: Albert E. Davis
- Description: Column with a globe at the top, on a pedestal; two plaques, one with bas-relief
- Materials: Column and pedestal--Deer Isle granite; plaque with bas-relief--bronze from USS Maine
- Dimensions: H: 31'
- Cast: circa 1919
- Dedicated: 1919
- Foundry: Jno Williams Inc, NY (plaque with bas-relief)
- Donor: Public subscription
- Inscription: TO THE BRAVE MEN / OF BRONX BOROUGH / WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES / FOR THEIR COUNTRY / IN THE WAR WITH SPAIN / THIS MEMORIAL / IS DEDICATED / A.D. 1919
plaque (identical to the Maine Monument plaque):
IN MEMORIAM / U.S.S MAINE / DESTROYED IN HAVANA HARBOR / FEBRUARY 15TH 1898 / THIS TABLET IS CAST FROM METAL RECOVERED FROM THE U.S.S. MAINE