Victory Blvd,Signs Rd,Travis Ave,Arthur Kill Rd
Directions via Google Maps
The Freshkills Park Project is transforming the Fresh Kills Landfill on the west shore of Staten Island into a new public park.
At 2,200 acres - almost three times the size of Central Park - New York’s Freshkills Park is one of the most ambitious public works projects in the world, combining state-of-the-art ecological restoration techniques with extraordinary settings for recreation, public art, and facilities for many sports and programs that are unusual in the city.
Freshkills Park is being built gradually in phases, and most of the site remains closed to the public. NYC Parks is providing early access for learning and exploration opportunities. Tours and events offer the unique chance to see parts of Freshkills Park that are currently closed to the public. Check the Freshkills Park Project page for more information.
Featured Capital Project
View photos of this gigantic project and read about its progress.
Directions to Freshkills Park
Dig deeper into the landfill-turned-park. Read about our vision and how we'll make it come to life.
- NYC PARKS AND DEPUTY MAYOR ALICIA GLEN BREAK GROUND ON ANCHOR PARKS’ ASTORIA PARK PROJECT AND UNVEIL SCHEMATIC DESIGNS FOR ANCHOR PARKS CITY-WIDE PROJECTS
- Freshkills Park Milestone
- NYC PARKS MEETS WITH STATEN ISLAND COMMUNITY TO REPORT BACK ON ANCHOR PARK SCOPING IDEAS
- Freshkills Park Owl Hollow Fields Parking and Access Road Construction
- Freshkills South Park Comfort Station Construction
- Freshkills South Park Synthetic Turf Fields and Landscape Construction
- Owl Hollow Fields Comfort Station Construction