Fort Washington Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Charles and Murray Gordon
- Location: Riverside Drive at West 156th Street
- Description: Tablets on markers (2)
- Materials: Bronze, cast stone
- Dimensions: Tablets H: 5 1/2" W: 8 1/2"; Markers H: 11" W: 14" D: 9"
- Dedicated: 1925
- Donor: Charles and Murray Gordon Post No. 130, Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America
- Inscription: 1. IN MEMORY OF / CHARLES GORDON / DIED IN THE SERVICE OF HIS COUNTRY / OCT. 7, 1918 / DEDICATED BY / CHARLES AND MURRY GORDON/ POST NO. 130 / JEWISH WAR VETERANS / OF THE UNITED STATES
2. IN MEMORY OF / MURRY GORDON / A.E.F. - KILLED IN ACTION / FRANCE OCT. 10, 1918 / DEDICATED BY / CHARLES AND MURRY GORDON / POST NO. 130 / JEWISH WAR VETERANS / OF THE UNITED STATES
Directions to Fort Washington Park
- Fort Washington Park Welcomes New Amenities
- "Daddy and Me Adventure" Continues With a Visit to the Little Red Lighthouse
- This Weekend In Parks