Fort Washington Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
American Redout Marker
- Location: Promontory north of George Washington Bridge, southwest of railroad trestle near 180th Street (cross at 181st Street Pedestrian Bridge and proceed south on greenway)
- Architect: Reginald Pelham Bolton
- Description: Large boulder resting on several medium-sized boulders, supported by about a dozen small boulders
- Materials: Boulders and concrete
- Cast: 1910
- Dedicated: November 16, 1910
- Donor: Fort Washington Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution
- Inscription: 1) large boulder, front: "AMERICAN / REDOUT [sic] / 1776"
2) medium-sized boulder, front: "[WASHI]NGTON / [CHA]PTER / D A R / 1910"
Directions to Fort Washington Park
- Fort Washington Park Welcomes New Amenities
- "Daddy and Me Adventure" Continues With a Visit to the Little Red Lighthouse
- This Weekend In Parks