Fort Washington Park
Riverside Dr., Hudson River, W. 155 St. to Dyckman St.
Directions via Google Maps
Known to history buffs as the namesake of a Revolutionary War structure built for the rebels and seized by the British; known to children as the site of Manhattan's only lighthouse, the Little Red Lighthouse, the protagonist in a popular children's book; known to aesthetes as an ideal lookout spot onto the Hudson River and the Palisades, Fort Washington Park is a valued part of the Washington Heights community.
Located along the Hudson River, Fort Washington Park also offers spectacular views of the new Jersey Palisades and the George Washington Bridge along its 160-acre ribbon of dramatic cliffs, meadows, and wooded areas.
It's not just its history and beauty people value; baseball fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, and a playground welcome athletes of all ages.
The park's recent renovations include a new ADA ramp connecting the Henry Hudson Parkway and Dyckman Street, a new playground, a portion of greenway path and five volleyball courts, as well as improved pathways, landcaping and waterfront access points.
Come explore Fort Washington Park and find out what's drawn people to its grounds for centuries.
Help us develop a plan to guide the development of Northern Manhattan Parks over the course of the next 20 years.
Submit your ideas through our interactive map.
Discover the history of Fort Washington Park
Celebrate Manhattan’s only remaining lighthouse with Urban Park Ranger educational presentations, visits to the...
Learn more about the island of Manhattan's last remaining lighthouse, located under the George Washington Bridge.
Directions to Fort Washington Park
- Fort Washington Park Welcomes New Amenities
- "Daddy and Me Adventure" Continues With a Visit to the Little Red Lighthouse
- This Weekend In Parks
- Fort Washington Park Ballfields Reconstruction
- Fort Washington Park Courts Reconstruction and Playground Construction
- Fort Washington Park Dyckman Marina Eco-Dock Reconstruction
- Fort Washington Park Dyckman Street Ramp Construction and Inwood Hill Park Entrance Reconstruction
- Fort Washington Park Greenway Construction
- Dyckman Street Boat Marina
- Fort Washington Link
- Fort Washington Park
- Fort Washington Park - Peregrine Falcons In New York City
- Lily Brown Playground