A pristine stretch surrounding a preserved Civil War fortress, Fort Totten Park provides not only recreation and relaxation but a fascinating glimpse into New York’s past.
Year-round, New Yorkers flock to Fort Totten Park to enjoy its special events, natural wonders, and historic buildings. On hot summer days, swimmers can take a dip in the pool and sunbathe around its grassy edges, or take canoes out and paddle along the Long Island Sound. Come Halloween, thousands are spooked by its enormous haunted “house,” located in the old water battery. During the winter, bird enthusiasts congregate to watch migrating waterfowl rest before their long journey south. And exploring the fortress and its surrounding buildings remains a unique adventure during any season.
Urban Park Rangers lead regular tours of the fortress and the wildlife surrounding it for those who enjoy guided treks, and a visitors’ center inside the park provides helpful information on the park’s past for those prefer to scout alone.
Our Urban Park Rangers will be your guides to the solar system, discussing the science, history, and folklore of...
Directions to Fort Totten Park
- URBAN FIELD STATION IN FORT TOTTEN PARK WELCOMES ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE FOR THE SUMMER
- Fort Totten Tunnel Tour With The Urban Park Rangers
- This Weekend In Parks: Halloween Edition
- Bayside Historical Society Officers Club Porch Reconstruction
- Citywide Comfort Station and Park Facility Reconstruction (CNYG-515MA)
- Citywide Electrical System Reconstruction for Comfort Stations & Parks Facilities (CNYG-615M)
- Citywide Reconstruction & Stabilization of Retaining Walls and Seawalls (CNYG-514M)
- Fort Totten Park Chapel and Commander's House Reconstruction
Northeast Queens Administrators Office : (718) 352-4793