A pristine stretch surrounding a preserved Civil War fortress, Fort Totten Park provides not only recreation and relaxation but a fascinating glimpse into New York’s past.
Year-round, New Yorkers flock to Fort Totten Park to enjoy its special events, natural wonders, and historic buildings. On hot summer days, swimmers can take a dip in the pool and sunbathe around its grassy edges, or take canoes out and paddle along the Long Island Sound. During the winter, bird enthusiasts congregate to watch migrating waterfowl rest before their long journey south. And exploring the fortress and its surrounding buildings remains a unique adventure during any season.
Urban Park Rangers lead regular tours of the fortress and the wildlife surrounding it for those who enjoy guided treks, and a visitors’ center inside the park provides helpful information on the park’s past for those prefer to scout alone.
We camp to create lasting memories, connect with the natural world, and bond with our families. The Urban Park Rangers...
Directions to Fort Totten Park
- FOUR ARTISTS SELECTED AS PARTICIPANTS IN FORT TOTTEN PARK’S URBAN FIELD STATION ARTIST IN RESIDENCY PROGRAM
- URBAN FIELD STATION IN FORT TOTTEN PARK WELCOMES NEW ARTISTS IN RESIDENCE
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- Citywide Intermediate Pool Filter Plants Reconstruction
- Fort Totten Park Commander's House Porches Reconstruction
Northeast Queens Administrators Office : (718) 352-4793