Fort Greene Park
>Open House New York: Prison Ship Martyrs Monument
Saturday, October 13, 2018
11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
This memorial was built in the center of Fort Greene Park in 1908 as a tribute to the 11,000 men, women, and children who died on British prison ships during the Revolutionary War.
Step inside this historic monument and learn about Fort Greene Park history, the Revolutionary War, and the stories of those who perished.
Directions to Fort Greene Park
- NYC PARKS JOINS UNIQLO FOR NEW PUBLIC ART CELEBRATION
- NYC PARKS ADDS THREE NEW BARBECUE AREAS TO BUSY MCCARREN PARK IN BROOKLYN
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- Nature's Workshop: Natural Musical Instruments
- Wildlife Viewing: City Squirrels
- Historic New York: Revolutionary and Colonial Cooking
- Survival Series: Build your Own Fire Starting Kit
- Kids Week: Fort Greene History and Colonial Games