Tour the Forest Park Greenhouse
Saturday, April 29, 2017
9:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
For only one day every year, the Queens Greenhouse opens its doors to give New Yorkers a sneak peek inside. Seize this rare opportunity to learn about the diverse array of plants growing in city parks.
Nestled among towering oak trees in Forest Park, the Queens Greenhouse and Nursery has served Parks for the past hundred years. Every year the greenhouse grows around 200,000 herbaceous plants (annuals and perennials) from seeds, plugs, liners, bare-root plants, and cuttings. Gardeners use these plants beautify the parks, playgrounds, beaches, and pools throughout Queens and Brooklyn.
Gardeners will provide visitors with information on the different species, how to care for them, and where to go to see them throughout the borough.
No reservations are needed; however Parks staff may limit the number of visitors allowed in each house at one time.
Directions to Forest Park
- NEW, ENGAGING PLAY EQUIPMENT COMES TO DEVOY PLAYGROUND IN QUEENS’ FOREST PARK
- NEW, ENGAGING PLAY EQUIPMENT COMING TO DEVOY PLAYGROUND IN QUEENS’ FOREST PARK
- NYC PARKS CUTS THE RIBBON ON IMPROVEMENTS TO MARY WHALEN PLAYGROUND
- Nature Exploration Hike (Moderate)
- Omar's Summer Blast-Off Party at Forest Park Carousel
- The Amazing Captain Faust at Forest Park Carousel
- Hip Pickles
- National Trails Day: Forest Restoration Volunteer Opportunity
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Horseback Riding Trails
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Nature Centers
- Running Tracks
- Skate Parks
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots