Flushing Meadows Corona Park
FORGET THE VACATION- TAKE A STAYCATION: NYC PARKS UNVEILS SUMMER STAYCATION GUIDEFORGET THE VACATION- TAKE A STAYCATION: NYC PARKS UNVEILS SUMMER STAYCATION GUIDE
Wednesday, August 7, 2019
Miss your chance to take a vacation, or just looking for the perfect way to make the most of the end of summer? NYC Parks has you covered with the newly unveiled Summer Staycation Guide!
Using this new guide, take advantage of the city’s far-flung beaches, parks, attractions, and activities. Venture alone, take a buddy, or bring the whole family- there’s something exciting for everyone!
Fort Tryon Park, Manhattan
Become more present and find your center while in awe of nature.
- Embark on a nature excursion to the Heather Garden or the Cloisters Lawn Overlook.
- Bask in the history of the Cloysters at The Met Cloisters, Linden Terrace, and the stone arches leading to the Billings Estate.
- Must-see event: 35th Annual Medieval Festival.
Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens
Enjoy all there is to see and do at this local park with worldwide celebrity status and adventures for the whole family on and offshore.
- Mix it up with the kids and rent a bike or boat, or take a visit to the Fantasy Forest Amusement Park.
- Visit one of the Park’s cultural institutions like the Queens Zoo, the New York Hall of Science, or the Queens Botanical Garden.
- Take in some contemporary visual art by visiting the Queens Museum.
Manhattan Beach, Brooklyn
Skip the late-summer crowd for this tranquil beach with neighborhood charm and barbecue vibes.
- Spend the day at the beach, play some tennis or volleyball, or simply sit back, relax, and have a barbecue in one of the designated areas.
- After the beach, visit the nearby Sheepshead Bay Piers and Brighton Beach.
Staten Island's South Shore
Spend the day at Staten Island's idyllic wild side where nature and history meet! The shores and the perfect summer sunset await you at NYC's "south pole.”
- Enjoy a day in nature at Blue Heron Park, or spend the day at the beach at Wolf’s Pond Beach.
- Learn about Staten Island’s rich history at the Seguine Mansion or at the Conference House Museum.
Pelham Bay Park
Explore NYC's largest park with miles of shoreline, trails, and more.
- This is an adventurer’s paradise! Follow the nature trail through the nature sanctuary at Hunter Island, look for shorebirds at the Twin Islands, or tour the Bartow-Pell Mansion.
- For a more leisurely escape, visit Orchard Beach, or play golf and mini-golf at Pelham Bay Park.
To view the guide, visit: https://www.nycgovparks.org/highlights/summer-staycation-guide
Directions to Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 3 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Al Oerter Recreation Center
As of June 14, 2021, Al Oerter Recreation Center is open on a limited basis. Our recreation centers are currently only open to patrons with an active membership as of March 2020. We are not registering new members at this time.
Flushing Meadows Corona Park Pool & Rink
Flushing Meadows Corona Park Pool & Rink remains closed to the public until further notice. Some recreation centers are being used for COVID-19 testing and vaccination services, the Learning Bridges program, and critical seasonal training. Please visit our Recreation Centers page to find an alternate recreation center.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2020
World's Fair Marina
Due to a major planned reconstruction project, Pier 1 at the World's Fair Marina is currently closed. Limited transient dockage is available for smaller recreational vessels - please contact the Dockmasters office at 718-478-0480 or VHF Ch71 for more information. There is no dockage available for larger vessels or commercial vessels, including passenger pick-up and drop-off. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back with the World's Fair Marina in the future for updates.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2021
- NYC PARKS RE/NAMES 16 SITES IN HONOR OF THE BLACK EXPERIENCE IN NYC
- NYC PARKS ISSUES REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR BICYCLE RENTALS IN QUEENS
- FOUNTAIN OF THE FAIRS RESTORED WITH $6.8 MILLION UPGRADE AT FLUSHING MEADOWS CORONA PARK
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Indoor Pools
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Media Labs
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums