Back to Monuments List
Unisphere Tablets (4)
Click image for larger view
- Description: Tablets (4) on plinths
- Materials: Stainless steel, granite
- Dimensions: H: 25" W: 42"
- Donor: USS Steel Corporation
- Inscription: UNISPHERE / DEDICATED TO MAN'S ASPIRATIONS TOWARD PEACE THROUGH MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING AND SYMBOLIZING HIS ACHIEVEMENTS IN AN EXPANDING UNIVERSE / BUILT AND PRESENTED BY / UNITED STATES STEEL CORPORATION / TO THE 1964-65 NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR, APRIL 22, 1964 / MADE OF STAINLESS STEEL, THE UNISPHERE IS 140' HIGH, 120' IN DIAMETER AND WEIGHS 700,00 POUNDS /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143