Back to Monuments List
Unisphere and Fountain
- Architect: Gilmore D. Clarke
- Description: Spherical world globe, topographical relief, fountain
- Materials: Stainless steel cage, steel mesh, granite, colored lights (originally)
- Dimensions: H: 140' W: 120'
- Dedicated: March 6,1964
- Donor: USS Steel Corporation; World's Fair Corporation
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143