Flushing Meadows Corona Park
With nearly 29,000 acres of parkland to enjoy, it’s easy to forget that New York City is surrounded by water. And if you’re looking to escape the bustle of the city for a few hours in the outdoors, there’s no better way to do it than to GO FISH!
Our city’s over 500 miles of shoreline and its inland lakes and rivers offer a world of opportunities to participate in the fun, adventure, and excitement of fresh- and saltwater sport fishing.
Each borough boasts it own unique fishing spots. Veteran anglers have their favorite “holes,” the locations of which are often closely held secrets. Old timers who have fished off City piers since they were kids are always willing to share stories ripe with local color and history. From piers and beaches, to lakes and rivers, New York City’s waters challenge and welcome both the salt- and freshwater angler.
NOTE: The Central Park Reservoir is closed to fishing.
|Meadow Lake||South of the Long Island Expressway||Subway: #7 train to Mets - Willets Point Station. 25-minute walk through park to Boathouse. E, F, V, G, & R trains to 71st Avenue, then take Q64 bus. Bus: Q64 along Jewel Ave or Q58, Q88 from Main Street.|
By observing the following regulations when fishing in waters under the jurisdiction of the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation, you will help preserve our marine resources for future generations to enjoy. For state and federal regulations of which you should be aware, please visit the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation website.
(The following is an excerpt from Section §1-05 Regulated Uses of the RuleSELECT * FROM wifi_Locationss & Regulations of the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation.)
- Fishing shall be permitted from locations under the jurisdiction of the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation, except in open swimming areas or where specifically prohibited.
Any person who engages in fishing shall obey all posted guidelines and comply with all applicable City, State, and Federal laws and regulations, including Title 6 of the New York State Environmental Conservation Law.
- The use of lead fishing weights in waters under the jurisdiction of the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation shall be a violation of these rules.
- Failure to remove fishing line fragments and hooks from land and waters under the jurisdiction of the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation shall be a violation of these rules.
- All fish caught in freshwater areas shall be immediately released. The use of barbed hooks in such areas shall be a violation of these rules.
- The use of traps to catch fish and/or crustaceans in areas under the jurisdiction of the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation shall be a violation of these rules.
Directions to Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
NYC Parks has removed slides in this park due to a manufacturer recall. The manufacture is currently working on an improved design and redesigned slides will be installed as soon as possible.
World's Fair Marina
Due to a major planned reconstruction project, Pier 1 at the World's Fair Marina is currently closed. Limited transient dockage is available for smaller recreational vessels - please contact the Dockmasters office at 718-478-0480 or VHF Ch71 for more information. There is no dockage available for larger vessels or commercial vessels, including passenger pick-up and drop-off. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back with the World's Fair Marina in the future for updates.
Anticipated Completion: Fall 2017
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES NEWLY RESTORED SUSTAINABLE LANDSCAPE AROUND MEADOW LAKE IN FLUSHING MEADOWS CORONA PARK
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- Commissioner Silver Thanks You All
- Movies Under the Stars: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- NYRR Open Run: Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Making Magic with Ethan at Fantasy Forest
- Making Magic with Ethan at Fantasy Forest
- Omar’s Fourth of July Block Party at Fantasy Forest
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Indoor Pools
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums