Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Enjoy the outdoors with your dog in New York City parks! Remember to be safe, obey the rules, and respect the park and others.
Rules and Regulations
- New York State law requires that dogs be vaccinated against rabies, and the New York City Health Code requires every dog owner/attendant carry with them proof of current dog license and rabies vaccination while in public. Dog owners may be fined for violation of these laws. To obtain an application for a dog license, please visit the New York City Department of Health website, or call 311. You may also obtain an application from a veterinarian, animal shelter, or pet shop.
- Dogs must be on a leash (no more than six feet long) at all times, except in dog runs and designated off-leash areas at the prescribed times.
- You must pick up after your dog and dispose of the waste in containers provided throughout the park.
- You must prevent your dog from chasing birds, squirrels, and other animals.
- Dogs are not permitted in playgrounds, zoos, fountains, ball fields, on basketball/handball/tennis courts, in swimming pools/facilities, bathing areas, and New York City beaches (see exceptions below).
Where to Go With Your Dog
Beaches and Bathing Facilties: Dogs are not allowed to enter any bathing facilities, including New York City beaches. However, as a courtesy, leashed dogs are allowed on the sand and boardwalk at Rockaway Beach, Coney Island & Brighton Beach, Manhattan Beach, Midland Beach, and South Beach from October 1 until May 1. Leashed dogs are allowed on the boardwalk/promenade at Orchard, Coney Island, Brighton, Midland, South, and Manhattan Beaches.
Dog Runs: Dog runs are large, fenced-in areas for dogs to exercise unleashed during park hours.
Designated Off-Leash Areas: Some park areas allow dogs to be off leash from the time the park opens until 9:00 a.m. and from 9:00 p.m. until the park closes.
|Flushing Meadows Corona Park Off-Leash Area||Off-Leash|
Directions to Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Lawrence Playground is temporarily closed due to construction. To follow this project as it progresses, visit our Capital Projects Tracker.
Anticipated Completion: Summer 2019
World's Fair Marina
Due to a major planned reconstruction project, Pier 1 at the World's Fair Marina is currently closed. Limited transient dockage is available for smaller recreational vessels - please contact the Dockmasters office at 718-478-0480 or VHF Ch71 for more information. There is no dockage available for larger vessels or commercial vessels, including passenger pick-up and drop-off. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back with the World's Fair Marina in the future for updates.
Anticipated Completion: Spring 2021
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES $27 MILLION ALLOCATED FOR TURF FIELD RENOVATIONS CITYWIDE
- NYC PARKS PREPARES KIDS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL SEASON WITH YOUTH TECH WORKSHOPS ALL WEEK
- NYC PARKS JOINS UNIQLO FOR NEW PUBLIC ART CELEBRATION
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Indoor Pools
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Media Labs
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums