Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Arts, Culture & Fun: A Cultural Tour with Queens Museum Director
Thursday, August 7, 2014
6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Jason Yoon, Director of Education, Queens Museum will lead participants in a stroll across Flushing Meadows Corona Park. The stroll will highlight the history of the park, its sculptures, and architecture. The tour will end at the newly renovated Queens Museum where participants are welcome to come inside to explore the museum’s exhibitions.
This is one of two walks. The first walk is on Friday, July 25 from 11:00am-1:00pm.
The evening walk on August 7th will end at the Queens Museum were participants are welcome to stay and enjoy free live performances and an outdoor film screening as part of the Museum’s Summer Passport Thursdays program.
Transportation will be provided at the end of the walk to the Al Oerter Recreation Center. The group meets at the Al Oerter Recreation Center.
Directions to Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Flushing Meadows Corona Park Weather
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES NEWLY RESTORED SUSTAINABLE LANDSCAPE AROUND MEADOW LAKE IN FLUSHING MEADOWS CORONA PARK
- NYC Parks and AT&T Expand Free Public Wi-Fi and Solar Mobile Charging in Parks and at Beaches Citywide
- Commissioner Silver Thanks You All
- Summer Sports Experience at Playground for all Children, Queens
- The Nutcracker
- Bike New York: Bike Path Cruise Ride
- Bring Your Own Bike World's Fair History Tour
- Bonkerz the Clown at Fantasy Forest Amusement Park
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Indoor Pools
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Recreation Centers
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
- Zoos and Aquariums