Back to Monuments List
Alfred J. Kennedy Memorial Flagstaff
Click image for larger view
- Location: Northern Boulevard and Main Street
- Description: Flagstaff plaque, flagstaff
- Materials: Deer Isle Granite, bronze
- Dimensions: H: 3'9" W: 4' D: 4'
- Dedicated: July 23, 1950
- Donor: A.J. Kennedy Memorial Committee Inc.
- Inscription: Side one:
* A TRIBUTE TO * / 1898 1902 / DEDICATED AND ERECTED TO THE MEMORY OF/ HON. ALFRED J. KENNEDY/ COMMANDER IN CHIEF/ UNITED SPANISH WAR VETERANS/ 1937 1938/ COMPANY F 22ND REG'T N.Y. VOL. INF. / CITIZEN / LEGISLATOR / STATESMAN / SOLDIER/ ANSWERED LAST ROLL CALL JULY 25, 1944 /
* THE MEN WHO * / WE HONOR THOSE / WHO DIED FOR / THEIR COUNTRY /
* SERVED IN THE * / "REMEMBER THE MAINE" / FREEDOM / PATRIOTISM / HUMANITY /
* WAR WITH SPAIN * / HONOR TO WHOM / HONOR IS DUE / DEDICATED JULY 23, 1950 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143