View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Flushing World War Memorial
- Location: 149th Street and Bayside Avenue
- Description: Stele and exedra with plaque
- Materials: Granite, bronze
- Dimensions: Stele and exedra H: 15' W: 27' D: 11'; Plaque H: 3'6" W: 2'4"
- Cast: ca. 1935
- Dedicated: 1935
- Foundry: John Polachek Bronze and Iron Company
- Fabricator: Modern Art Foundry (replacement plaque)
- Inscription: Stele:
IN MEMORIAM /---/ GREATER LOVE HATH NO / MAN THAN THIS THAT / A MAN LAY DOWN HIS / LIFE FOR HIS FRIENDS / ST. JOHN XV, 13 /
MEMORIAL / FIELD /---/ 1917 --- THE WORLD WAR --- 1918 /---/ DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF / FLUSHING'S HEROIC DEAD / [70 names] /