Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk and Beach
Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
|Midland Beach||Midland Avenue and Lincoln Avenue|
Directions to Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk and Beach
- NEW YORK CITY’S 14 MILES OF PUBLIC BEACHES OPEN THIS WEEKEND
- Extended Swimming Season Begins At Nyc's Most Popular Beaches
- Visit Staten Island's New Fantasy Shore Amusement Park