Father Duffy Square
Broadway, W. 46 St. To W. 47 St., 7 Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
The northern triangle of Times Square, located between 45th and 47th Streets, Broadway and Seventh Avenue, Duffy Square, has been a magnet for tourists, a staging area for public rallies, the scene of victory celebrations, and since 1973 a destination point for those in search of reduced-price theater tickets. Dominated in 1909 by a temporary eight-ton, fifty-foot statue by Leo Lentelli entitled Purity (Defeat of Slander), today this square—so central to the theater district--is defined by statues of George M. Cohan and Father Duffy, as well as a large public viewing grandstand along the north side.