View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
- Location: Port Richmond Road and Forest Avenue
- Description: Monument with tablet
- Materials: Fieldstone monument with bronze tablet
- Dimensions: Plaque: 2'5" h; 2'w
- Dedicated: 1935
- Donor: Plaque: American Legion, Monument: DPR
- Inscription: FOR GOD AND COUNTRY/ EGBERT SQUARE/ NAMED IN HONOR OF/ ARTHUR STANLEY EGBERT/ SEA 2C USNRF/ WHO DIED IN THE SINKING OF THE/ USS PRESIDENT LINCOLN, ON MAY 31, 1918/ AND DEDICATED TO THE MEN AND WOMEN/ OF PORT RICHMOND AND GRANITEVILLE/ WHO DEVOTEDLY SERVED THEIR COUNTRY / IN THE WORLD WAR 1917-1918 / ERECTED BY / ARTHUR S. EGBERT POST NO 95 / THE AMERICAN LEGION