This playground, like the adjacent housing project, street, and neighborhood, takes its name from the Edenwald Estate, which stood near Boston Road, Light Street and Conner Street. From 1900 to 1913, John H. Eden owned the north central Bronx estate whose name in German means ‘Eden’s Forest.’ Some time after Eden sold the estate, it became a Hebrew Orphan Asylum. After World War II, the City acquired the land in order to build the 2,036-unit housing development, which houses approximately 6,000 residents.
Directions to Edenwald Playground
- Citywide Electrical System Reconstruction at Pool Facilities
- Citywide Pool Systems Reconstruction
- Edenwald Park Basketball Courts and Mini Pool Reconstruction
- In-Kind Reconstruction of Deteriorated Plumbing Systems for Various Parks & Recreation Pool Facilities Citywide
Edenwald Playground Weather