East Springfield Playground
115 Rd. bet. 218 St. and 219 St.
Directions via Google Maps
This playground’s name is derived from its position in relation to nearby Springfield Boulevard.
Originally part of the St. Albans community, Cambria Heights had been included in a 1655 land grant from the Director General of the New Netherland colony, Peter Stuyvesant (1610-1672). Consisting largely of marshlands, forests, and farms, the area remained a relatively rural well into the 20th century. At that time the area consisted of only two roads: Central Avenue, which is now Linden Boulevard, and Springfield Boulevard.