John V. Lindsay East River Park
Saturday, August 10, 2019
6:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
The Mountain Goats are John Darnielle, Peter Hughes, Jon Wurster, and Matt Douglas. They have been making music together as a quartet for several years. Three of them live in North Carolina and one has moved back to Rochester. Their songs often seek out dark lairs within which terrible monsters dwell, but Their mission is to retrieve the treasure from the dark lair & persuade the terrible monsters inside to seek out the path of redemption. As Axl Rose once memorably asked, in the song "terrible monster": "what's so terrible about monsters, anyway?" This is the question the Mountain Goats have been doggedly pursuing since 1991. They will never leave off this quest until every option has been exhausted. Thank you.
Directions to John V. Lindsay East River Park
- New York Junior League Pitches In On New Improvements To East River Park
- 20,000 Trees Planted in New York City on Hands On New York Day
- Mayor Bloomberg & City Parks Foundation Announce New Catalyst Parks That Will Receive Targeted Influx Of Public And Private Investment
- New York Euripides Summer Festival: Iphigenia Among the Taurians
- New York Euripides Summer Festival: Daughters of Troy
- Crumb/ Phony Ppl / Purr In Association with DoNYC
- Elisa Monte Dance
- Mountain Goats