John V. Lindsay East River Park
Elisa Monte Dance
Friday, August 9, 2019
7:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
The New York-based company playing their first-ever SummerStage festival, Elisa Monte Dance is distinguished by physically demanding choreography performed by a talented, diverse corps of dancers and successful collaborations across disciplines. Founder Elisa Monte got her start with Agnes DeMille, was later mentored by Alvin Ailey, and has since collaborated with a myriad of artists over the years, including the experimental composer Glenn Branca, the architect Billie Tsien, and the visual artist Philip Tsiaras. The evening will include a 20th Anniversary performance of Monte’s famed duet, “Treading,” with music by minimalist composer Steve Reich, and danced by former company member and new artistic director Tiffany Rea-Fisher.
+ Contemporary Dance Workshop with Elisa Monte Dance
Friday, August 9, 7PM
East River Park, MN
Free dance classes are held on stage before dance performances. All are welcome and no RSVP is required.
Directions to John V. Lindsay East River Park
- New York Junior League Pitches In On New Improvements To East River Park
- 20,000 Trees Planted in New York City on Hands On New York Day
- Mayor Bloomberg & City Parks Foundation Announce New Catalyst Parks That Will Receive Targeted Influx Of Public And Private Investment
- New York Euripides Summer Festival: Iphigenia Among the Taurians
- New York Euripides Summer Festival: Daughters of Troy
- Crumb/ Phony Ppl / Purr In Association with DoNYC
- Elisa Monte Dance
- Mountain Goats