Dyckman House Museum
Dyckman Farmhouse MuseumLocation: 4881 Broadway at 204th Street
Phone: (212) 304-9422
Description: Not far from Inwood Hill Park at Manhattan's northern tip, the Dyckman House is the only remaining Dutch colonial farmhouse in the borough. After the Hessian occupation of the land during the American Revolution, William Dyckman built the present house in about 1785. Its southern wing, known as the "summer kitchen", is an earlier structure that may date from 1725. In 1915, two sisters, Mary Alice D. Dean and Fannie Fredericka D. Welsh, descendants of William Dyckman, bought back the family house and presented it to the City the following year.