Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
List of Barbecuing Areas
|Cunningham Park||Union Turnpike and Francis Lewis Boulevard|
Directions to Cunningham Park
Know Before You Go
Due to construction, the Vanderbilt Motor Parkway is currently closed from Winchester Boulevard to Springfield Boulevard. Please use these alternate access points to and from Alley Pond Park and the Vanderbilt Motor Parkway. For more information about this project, please visit our Capital Project Tracker.
- NYC PARKS AND DOT ANNOUNCE PLANS FOR NEW DESTINATION GREENWAYS IN BROOKLYN AND QUEENS
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES $2.6 MILLION IN IMPROVEMENTS TO PICNIC AND PERFORMANCE AREA IN CUNNINGHAM PARK
- Queens Park Supervisor Goes "Beyond The Call"