Sunday, April 28, 2019
1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Catch-and-release fishing is a great way to get outdoors and discover nature just a few blocks from home.
Our experienced Urban Park Rangers teach the ethics of fishing and the ecology of our waterways on every fishing program. You can try to hook a pumpkinseed sunfish, carp, or chain pickerel. Whether you choose to grab a simple bamboo pole at a quiet lake or join more advanced saltwater programs, we have a program that fits your skill level.
All equipment is provided; this program is recommended for ages 8 years and older. Participation is first come, first served.
Directions to Crotona Park
Know Before You Go
Crotona Park Nature Center
The Crotona Park Nature Center is currently closed, with no public access.
- NYC PARKS ADDS THREE NEW BARBECUE AREAS TO BUSY MCCARREN PARK IN BROOKLYN
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- NYC PARKS ANNOUNCES SLATE OF SPRING AND SUMMER PUBLIC ART EXHIBITIONS AROUND THE CITY
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Taikoza Drummers
- Ray De La Paz / Edgar Joel and Anthony Colon / DJ Kamala
- Samini / Efya
- Garifuna Collective/ Wabafu Garifuna Dance Theater
- EPMD 30th Anniversary "Unfinished Business" / Funk Flex B-Day Celebration