Crescent Park

Albany Crescent, W 233 St, Major Deegan


Directions via Google Maps

This text is part of Parks’ Historical Signs Project and can be found posted within the park.

Bounded by Albany Crescent, West 233rd Street, and the Major Deegan Expressway, this park was originally known as Hut Hill because of the rudimentary encampments continental soldiers built on this hillside during the Revolutionary War. During the 19th century, it was referred to as Boston Hill. In 1913, Parks named this piece of land Albany Crescent Park for the old Albany Post Road which once past by here and the site’s distinct curvature. Parks shortened this site’s name from Albany Crescent Park to Crescent Park on February 11, 1998.

Read More

Park Information

Directions to Crescent Park

  • Crescent Park


Was this information helpful?