Conference House Park
Sarah Yuster - Biophiles - A New Generation
Thursday, October 20, 2022
12:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Introduced and popularized by the late Edward O. Wilson is the biophilia hypothesis which suggests humans possess an innate tendency to seek connections with nature. Artist Sarah Yuster’s project celebrates several young people who embody this concept. She has painted their portraits “in situ”. Well-representing New York City’s population, they’re dedicated, experienced, and generous with their expertise. These works will be shown at The Biddle House main exhibition space at Conference House Park along with text and statements from the “biophiles”. Included in the show are related landscapes and paintings of wildlife.
The exhibit runs from October 20, 2022 through December 2, 2022 with an opening reception during Open House New York on Sunday, October 23, 2022 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Create an Account
If this is your first time registering for a program, please Create an Account.
Directions to Conference House Park
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES EARTH AND ARBOR DAYS WITH TOURS, VOLUNTEER EVENTS, AND MORE
- 21st CENTURY PARK SYSTEM: NYC PARKS CELEBRATES $6.5 MILLION TRANSFORMATION OF CONFERENCE HOUSE PAVILION IN STATEN ISLAND
- CONFERENCE HOUSE PAVILION REOPENS BOASTING $6.6 MILLION IN IMPROVEMENTS
- NYRR Open Run
- Blue Wave - Buckets for Blue: Volunteer Cleanup
- "Working Title": A Literary Exhibition at Rutan-Becket House
- Conference House Tours
- Moving Right Along with Stephanie for health $ Fitness