Conference House Park
HEART OF A HOUSE: The Olmsted-Beil House
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 5/29/2022 and 10/1/2022.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Presented by Friends of Olmsted-Beil House, this exhibit will share the story of the c1685 Olmsted-Beil House and those who owned the home, including Dominie Petrus Tesschenmaker (1685-1696), Frederick Law Olmsted (1848-1855), Carlton and Louise Beil (1955-2006), and many other prominent and noteworthy individuals and families. The exhibit includes photographic images, paintings, wall text, video, books, artifacts, sculptures, and collections.
The Olmsted-Beil House on Staten Island is a New York City Landmark listed on the New York State and National Registers of Historic Places.
Opening reception: Sunday, May 29, 2022 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Closed Sundays and holidays.
Directions to Conference House Park
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES EARTH AND ARBOR DAYS WITH TOURS, VOLUNTEER EVENTS, AND MORE
- 21st CENTURY PARK SYSTEM: NYC PARKS CELEBRATES $6.5 MILLION TRANSFORMATION OF CONFERENCE HOUSE PAVILION IN STATEN ISLAND
- CONFERENCE HOUSE PAVILION REOPENS BOASTING $6.6 MILLION IN IMPROVEMENTS
- Blue Wave - Buckets for Blue: Volunteer Cleanup
- Ballroom by the Bay
- Nature Walk
- Conference House Tours
- Moving(exercise) with Stephanie for Health and Fitness