Conference House Park
Still Waters: Reflections of a Maritime Community
Saturday, May 28, 2022
12:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Saturday between 4/30/2022 and 9/3/2022.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
A permanent exhibition celebrating the community's maritime heritage.
Located on the southermost point of New York, Tottenville's coastal environment was at the center of its rich maritime history. The surrounding waterways provided economic and social benefits, and the area became a natural location for bustling shipbuilding and repair yards. The Rutan-Becket House stands as a testament to this industry. The exhibition highlights both the economic and social use of the waterfront from the mid-19th century through the 20th century with photographs, artifacts, and artwork.
The exhibition is open by appointment.
Parking available on local streets or at 8 Shore Rd. lot.
Tottenville Historical Society,
Directions to Conference House Park
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES EARTH AND ARBOR DAYS WITH TOURS, VOLUNTEER EVENTS, AND MORE
- 21st CENTURY PARK SYSTEM: NYC PARKS CELEBRATES $6.5 MILLION TRANSFORMATION OF CONFERENCE HOUSE PAVILION IN STATEN ISLAND
- CONFERENCE HOUSE PAVILION REOPENS BOASTING $6.6 MILLION IN IMPROVEMENTS
- HEART OF A HOUSE: The Olmsted-Beil House
- Blue Wave - Buckets for Blue: Volunteer Cleanup
- Conference House Tours
- Still Waters: Reflections of a Maritime Community
- A Stitch in Time Reopening