Conference House Park
>Summer Open House: H.H. Biddle House
Saturday, July 14, 2018
12:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Saturday between 6/30/2018 and 9/30/2018.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Now a NYC landmark designated house located within Conference House Park, the H.H. Biddle House is a grand Greek Revival building with double height porticos that sits atop clay colored bluffs overlooking the Raritan Bay and Arthur Kill waterways. Built in 1845 by Henry Hogg Biddle, who operated the Staten Island-Perth Amboy Ferry, it now houses local Tottenville historical items along with nature inspired artwork.
Thru the end of the year is an exhibit of Museum of Navigation and Communication: Immigrants-The Roots of Maritime Innovation. Also feel free to explore the adjacent terracotta garden, the beachfront and grounds of this NYC historic treasure.
Directions to Conference House Park
- NYC PARKS BREAKS GROUND ON $4.9 MILLION CONFERENCE HOUSE PAVILION RECONSTRUCTION
- Parkies Plant Pumpkin Patch on Staten Island
- Enjoy a Staycation on Staten Island
- Open Garden Days: Colonial Herb Garden at the Historic Conference House
- Open Garden Days: Deer Resistant Plants Demonstration Gardens
- Field Trip Destination: The South Pole at Wards Point, Staten Island
- Open Garden Days: Alice's Garden at the H.H. Biddle House
- Plastics: Pelagic Peril