Conference House Park
>Roxanne Jacobson: Occupied Sites: A Look at Staten Island's Prehistory
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 11/11/2017 and 1/27/2018.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The Lenape Gallery at the Conference House Park visitor center invite you to an exhibition of Roxanne Jacobson photographs, Occupied Sites: A Look at Staten Island's Prehistory, opening on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and on view through January 27, 2018.
Opening Reception: Saturday, November 11, 2017 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
The gallery is open on Mondays through Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Admission is free. The gallery is closed on holidays.
Occupied Sites is part of Jacobson's documentary project, Visible Traces, that looks at prehistoric archaeological sites that have been impacted by development. This project locates, intervenes, and reveals sites that have been destroyed - seeking to make visible a history that has been erased from the land. "By engaging with damaged sites, my practice acts as a medium between the past and the present, revealing and juxtaposing alternate ontologies that have been lost and documenting them visually". Roxanne Jacobson
Directions to Conference House Park
- NYC PARKS BREAKS GROUND ON $4.9 MILLION CONFERENCE HOUSE PAVILION RECONSTRUCTION
- Parkies Plant Pumpkin Patch on Staten Island
- Enjoy a Staycation on Staten Island
- Open Garden Days: Colonial Herb Garden at the Historic Conference House
- Open Garden Days: Deer Resistant Plants Demonstration Gardens
- Field Trip Destination: The South Pole at Wards Point, Staten Island
- Open Garden Days: Alice's Garden at the H.H. Biddle House
- Plastics: Pelagic Peril