Conference House Park
Dunes, Drawing and Dendrology: Dendrology 'Walk and Talk'
Friday, August 22, 2014
11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
This Dendrology 'walk and talk' is part of a new summer program, a thematic series of nature walks, talks, and art workshops, designed to encompass the various natural elements of Conference House Park.
Conference House Park is home to many diverse and unique plant and tree communities within its 265 acres. The communities range from tall maturing forest stands, young groves, open fields, pocket forested wetlands and wet woods. The Park contains a rare maritime Northern Hackberry forest (due to the high calcium levels, from the high number of discarded oyster shells in the soil).
This educational 'walk and talk' is designed to increase the appreciation and understanding of the numerous tree and plant species found within the various forest types contained the park.
Multiple events (including drawing workshops and dune walk) are running through August; please see the events calendar for the other dates.
Directions to Conference House Park
- Parkies Plant Pumpkin Patch on Staten Island
- Enjoy a Staycation on Staten Island
- This Weekend in Parks
- Shape Up NYC: Mind Body Fusion
- It's My Park at Conference House Park
- Lucy Wilner: Us and Them, Birds at the Intersection of Natural and Man-made Worlds
- Art Exhibition: Flora/Fauna/Feathers of Richmond County
- NYRR Open Run: Conference House Park